Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Power of Marketing

One of the most powerful forces in society is marketing. This article gives examples of how marketing shaped our world. Read Article. (Article opens new window.)

To get more people to read my articles, I came up with a new way of presenting it. I took the above article and broke it up into sections, sort of like a slide show. Here is the same article as above presented in, what could be, a more visual format.
Read Article in new format. (Article opens new window.)

Categories: Marketing, self help, politicians, positive mental attitude

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the article is just too long for a blog. You could just present a synopsis and then a link to the article. I use ScribeFire (used to be Performancing). I just right click and say blog this. It copies the link and any information I type into a blogpost. It will also post the blogpost automatically. I had to quit doing this because it was publishing to wrong blog.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger BHB said...

How devestatingly true this is. I have been struggling to set up my own jewellery business for a few years now, but I lack the marketing skills and am now stuck in a rut where I don't sell enough to be able to afford to advertise but if I don't advertise I don't sell enough! Do you think marketing can be taught, or do you think it is the mark of the shrewd personality types?

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger George Lunt said...

To bhb:

Marketing probably could be taught, but not very easily. Most successful people developed their marketing skills at an early age.

When I went to school, college students with greater social skills, rather than technical skills, eventually became more successful. Besides social skills, it may also be a combination of aggressiveness, the ability to take risks, and desire to play mind games.

Because everyone is different, it's hard to design a universal marketing course. Trial and error may be the best teacher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home