Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Dilbert Question: Corporate Alien Friend or Foe?

For many years, I've endorsed the Dilbert cartoon by Scott Adams because I figured it represented a voice against corporate abuse. After reading Bob Lim's article, I realized that this might not be the case. I even began to ask myself questions like: Why do many corporations allow Dilbert posters in employee cubicles but strongly object, sometimes even to the point of dismissal, if an employee dares to put up a Union poster?

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that Dilbert can bring laughter to the overworked cubicle dweller, but he may only be a tool of corporate aliens and not their enemy. To get more insight into the subject, read Bob Lim's article.(Article opens new window.)

Categories: Dilbert, Scott Adams, Norman Solomon, Corporate Aliens

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger RGC2005 said...

My employer is worse. NO DILBERT!!!! period. All Dilbert cartoons are forbidden from the office. It appears he is subversive and contradictory to our corporate vision. Actually I think the Pointy Haired Boss hits our area VP a little close to home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home